HORIZONTAL SEALING / MULTISTAGE INJECTION
The horizontal barrier (pressure injection) is a sealing system against capillary ascending moisture. Increasingly, cellar rooms are used as living space. Very often it becomes necessary to professionally seal humid walls in order to meet this high quality standards. In the case of voids they are pre-filled with cement paste. The aim of the horizontal barrier is to interrupt the capillaries in the building material and to reduce the content of moisture. The filling of voids and insertion of a horizontal barrier will be done by the same packer system.
- Stabilization of masonry within the injection area
- Low need of injection liquid due to filling of voids
- Less accessories necessary, e.g. low wear of drill and need of packer
- Less working time per meter
Examples of application
- Subsequent sealing in older buildings
- Depending on the object and moisture penetration, various methods can be used
- Preliminary investigations are essential as a basis for rehabilitation measures
- Horizontal barriers have to be executed over the whole cross section of the structural element
Ranges of applications
- Masonry with voids
- Homogeneous brick masonry
- Homogeneous brick masonry with low alkalinity and percentage of moisture > 80%
For further details
WTA guideline 4-4-04 / D
"Injection of masonry in order to avoid capillary moisture content"
WTA guideline E-4-10
"Injection techniques with certified injection materials against capillary transportation of humidity"
WTA guideline E-4-6, edition 01.2012D
"Sealing of structural elements in contact with soil at a later stage"